Thursday, January 28, 2010

MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH.....

Today I visited Samsung's office canteen and had some hands on... sorry... eyes on korean food. As I am a ovaterian so I had a real tough time with my vegetarian food getting it thorough my alimentary canal.Then something came to my rescue ....It was kept on my table besides me.

KIMCHI

Yes it was called Kimchi. Indians call it in their own dialect as "KOREAN ACHHAR".
Well as my habbit goes the thing which I like I have to know it fully. But But But there were all korean around... oh my my then I have to play my toughest game of dumb shell arts with one of them who knew some english words (THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!)well I don't know how I was successful in asking him "What is this?" He replied "konchi konchu something something". Well I thought now this is gonna be tough. I picked up the bowl and used my hand gestures and asked him. He exhaled a really sighed breath giving a peculiar korean "aahhhhhhhh". I thought it worked. Then he said it is "CABBAGE Kimchi" . I said ok I didn't have the guts to ask him how is it made!!!
Fortunately I spotted an Indian there.... gr8 goodness!!!!!. I asked him and he expalined me that it is the korean achhar. I did a bit more digging and found its recepie. So ladies get ready to prepare kimchi :)
First u take lots of red chilli, garlic, onion and all the Indian spices like salt, cinnamon seeds and stuff and make a paste, then take cabbage cut it into long peices and apply the paste on each peice seperately and put it into a six feet long pot made of porcelain and forget it for 6 months.

Then eat and serve it with only non spicy boiled food "BIMARO KA KHANA" as we say in India. It will taste like AMBROSIA. Really guys try it :)

SPOOFY SPOON and DRACONIAN VEGETABLES

I dont know what is wrong with these spoons, they are elongated as if it is just for holding and not for eating stuff with it. They are a foot long seriously. I don't know wether they wanna play cricket with it or what?
Onion is a size of a Dragons eye and Carrots are size of Dragon's tail and Cucumber is like Dragons hands and Fruits.. oh conventional fruits are tasteless just like Dragons feelings.

Well some fruits are tasty. One I had was something like mango but I don't know the size as I was served chopped.
I dont know what makes me compare this korean Vegetables With Dragon :O ....I guess you know it... :)


VEG or NON VEG ? SORRY GUYS WRONG QUESTION CHICKEN or NON-CHICKEN

Yes the question of vegetarian or non vegetarian is really "Error 404 Page not Found!!!!".

I went to grocery shop and hunted for some vegetarian things voraciously but was unable to guess which one to pick, as on packs of everything it is written in Korean and as I have already told you have to be really good in nursery games to device ways to use your hand gestures to ask a question to a Korean.
So I picked some bread and milk and returned back as even noodles contained chicken
well CHICKEN and NON-CHICKEN "PAGE FOUND AND RENDERED WITH FLYING COLORs" well to cut the long story short I don't think they have left any animal that has not been used to flavor their savory buds. Well one animal i can think of ....."MAN"!!

Culture is different, agreed and accepted, nothing good nothing bad but just DIFFERENT ,but humanity should prevail..............
Well that is what I feel ....will keep updating...Photos arriving soon as TGIF(Thank god its Friday) is approaching ... TC

11 comments:

  1. yeah hope you have this weekend free.... from what i hear ofcourse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kp Let's HOPE for the BEST :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even..I,being a vegetarian,ate octopus as it was used as powder in potato chips..:)
    So,beware of eating outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. acha hai dost ..How can u find d time to jot down all dis saga? Lage rahe.Tak care

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am loving it yaar ......... really keeep it up ......... very nice description

    ReplyDelete
  6. @pawan haha....sure i will take care thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Darshan Dude i am here for Work-Experience not Work....hope you get the point :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. kimchi sounds so hilarios nyways keep tryin new food........poor chap

    ReplyDelete
  9. bhaiya plz tell which animal taste best...?? ;-)..haha...
    enjoyable one..!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @anjali well i am vegeterian dear :)

    ReplyDelete